+4
Under review

node preview doesn't display in 2017.2 beta

hwaet 7 years ago updated by Lux 6 years ago 7

This might be a bit early to report a bug since this version of unity is still being tweaked, but I figured it couldn't hurt to report it anyway. The node previews are all black in the latest unity version, but they appear just fine in 5.6. I've been able to reproduce this on a clean install with an empty project, and on a couple different video card configurations. The shader balls are almost always invisible, and even the UV Coord appears as a black square. 

I'm a new user to SF, so it's possible I might be missing some vital setting. Could you recommend other things for me to check? Thanks!

Answer

Answer
Under review

I've been super busy with other work as of late, which is why it has taken me quite long to solve this! I apologize for the delay, but I will look into this next week

It seems to have been around for a while. I made a post here http://shaderforge.userecho.com/topics/1466-unity-201701f3-previews-all-white/#comment-5071 about it. See if that make shift helps you.

Thanks Warren! Unfortunately that didn't work for me, but I appreciate the suggestion! This is a pretty big workflow killer, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do here. For now I may just have to keep an older instance of unity open to iterate fast on materials, and then copy those into the newer project :( Or abandon this plugin altogether, which would make me sad since I've really liked what I've seen so far!

Answer
Under review

I've been super busy with other work as of late, which is why it has taken me quite long to solve this! I apologize for the delay, but I will look into this next week

Oh thank you! That's excellent to hear :) Please let me know if I can provide any other info/scenefiles that could help.

Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to the fixes. What have you been busy with? Budget Cuts update? :D

Yeah, we've just moved office, and have a pretty tight schedule with an internal deadline coming up for Budget Cuts :)

Unity 2017.3.1f1, it was fine whilst I was using it and then suddenly the nodes turned to block colours