+3
Under review

Resizeable colorizeable boxes / description boxes for better organizing (like in worldmachine)

BecomingAt . 10 years ago updated by Laurens t Jong 9 years ago 6
i think the title says it already, rectangular areas without any functionality other than to define areas or put descriptions in to be placed anywhere we like, easily resizeable, colorizeable...

Makes my life a lot easier in complex trees in worldmachine, would love to have that in shaderforge too :)
I'll probably do this at some point, though I think I would prefer to not have to. Nested nodes should serve pretty much the same purpose, when that is implemented, I hope
I think nested nodes are super important but sometimes those boxes have their purpose too, in worlmachine both exist and i use them both.
Also i was thinking it should be much easier to implement those boxes as the dont have any real functionality. It could be a good way to organize the complex shaders until the nested nodes are implemented. I really love shaderforge but on complex trees i regularily get very confused. Any organization features will be very welcome!!
Second this; I don't want to open/close/reuse these functions, just say what this cluster of nodes does..
Maybe a way too minimize and maximise nodes would also help organising the node tree.