+1
Fixed

broken display .36

ScoobyDoofus 10 years ago updated by QuiteNice 10 years ago 6
Updated to latest version of shader forge last night. Launched today to begin making some shaders, and the Shader Forge window is not displaying correctly, and I'm getting a bunch of errors in my console.

Screenshot of bugged shader forge window

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ShaderForge.SF_StatusBox.InstructionLabel (UnityEngine.Rect& iRect, UnityEngine.Texture2D icon, System.String label)
ShaderForge.SF_StatusBox.OnGUI (Int32 yOffset, Int32 in_maxWidth)
ShaderForge.SF_Editor.DrawPreviewPanel (Rect r)
ShaderForge.SF_Editor.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Help!

Answer

Answer
Fixed
The issue is that I don't think I have any way of detecting it. I do have a readme though, where it says so. (Which I think nobody reads, sadly)

Glad it worked out anyhow :)
Same issue. Just updated and I'm dead in the water :\
Under review
Did you completely remove 0.35 before installing 0.36?
+1
I just removed all traces of Shader Forge, and redownloaded/imported into my project and it seems to work.
If removing old versions prior to updating is a requirement, might be a good idea to streamline that process somehow or make obvious notification to the users that its necessary.

Thanks!
Answer
Fixed
The issue is that I don't think I have any way of detecting it. I do have a readme though, where it says so. (Which I think nobody reads, sadly)

Glad it worked out anyhow :)
It's definitely a "didn't remove Shader Forge before updating" problem. Fixed mine by deleting the Shader Forge folder and then importing again.
this was a great help, I had run into the same issue. doh!