Fixed

Moving the SF folder into Standard Assets

thrikr33n 11 years ago updated by Freya Holmér (Developer) 10 years ago 0

Not sure how self-contained it is, but when I moved SF into Assets/Standard Assets/ShaderForge/ (setting up Perforce and using SF as a possible tool that would be distribution across the team), I get this error popping up and a blank editor window:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

ShaderForge.SF_Editor.DrawPreviewPanel (Rect r)

ShaderForge.SF_Editor.OnGUI ()

System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

When in it's regular /Assets/ShaderForge/ location things are fine. I haven't tried other locations yet though (like I said, still testing and setting up P4). It might be due to the special nature of the Standard Assets folder however, so I might have to set up an additional non-special folder for project and team distribution of global stuff.

But it's just something to look out for, as I like clean setups and would prefer that all extensions reside in the same place as not to clutter the project but still make it easy for distribution.

Answer

Answer
Fixed

It's because the path is currently more or less hardcoded to be Assets/Shader Forge :)
I'll make sure it's easy to move around down the line!

Edit: This is now possible in Beta 0.16 :)
Planned

It's because the path is currently more or less hardcoded to be Assets/Shader Forge :)

Answer
Fixed

Edit: This is now possible in Beta 0.16 :)